Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Vermont @ Williamsport

This was New York-Penn League rackage at it's finest.

Pre-game:

Got D'Arby Myers 3/3 walking to the line. He was hanging out by the clubhouse door.

Inside:

It was the most crowded I've seen it this year with tons of guys with cards but I still did excellent.

Colten Willems 52/52 (Didn't really talk and had a frown on his face the whole time, but still racked. May be getting tired of racking for everyone.)
Glenn Gibson 2/2
Phil Schelzo 1/0 (Clubbie was handing out team set cards of him from last year)
Darnell Coles 9/9 (Seemed nice contrary to what I've heard)
Tony Tarasco 10/10 (Even did a 96 ALCS Maier photo!)
Rusty Meacham 27/27 (Nice guy, talked with me the whole game, flipped the pages in my book without asking.)
Scott Mitchinson 18/18 (Going up to Lakewood tommorrow so I racked.)

I saw Mike Compton and Joe Savery charting so I went in for the kill.

Mike Compton 3/3 (Phillies rover, really nice guy, only has 1 card though)
Joe Savery 3/15 (Prick... Here is how the exchange went:
"Joe do you want any of these cards"
Joe: "Huh"
Me: "Do you want any of these cards?"
Joe: "Do I want any of these cards??"
Me: "Yes for yourself"
Joe: "Of course not"
Then he signs 3 and purposely smears all 3 , puts my sharpie in my book with the cap off, slams the book shut so hard and throws it back at me, a few cards fall out of it and he makes me pick them up at his feet, doesnt even make a move or appologize, he also ruined 5 of his cards because of the sharpie being left in the book. I went and erased the cards because they were really terrible. I went up to him after the game and told him that the cards he signed for me earlier turned out really bad so I erased them and asked if he wouldnt mind resigning them...
Joe: "You erased them?"
Me: "Yeah"
Joe: "How do you erase sharpie"
Me: "A dry erase marker and an eraser"
He then signs them over, reluctantly. I can tell this is going to be a pain.)

Next up is the same matchup tommorrow but I'm not sure if I'll be able to graph because I am going to be batboying the game. Should be fun.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: