Monday, June 25, 2007

Syracuse @ Scranton 6/25/07

What can I say, I kicked ass.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I got there at about noon for the Yankees coming in. I managed to get:

Chase Wright 1/1 ROMLB
Ben Kozlowski 6/18 (He was in a hurry for a kids day signging, so he couldn't get them all.)
Alvaro Espinosa 0/13 ("I'm gonna be signing for an hour for these kids!")
Dave Eiland 1/3 (After Espinoza said no.)
Steven Jackson 5/5
Juan Francia 9/9
Eric Duncan 4/4
Tyler Clippard 2/3 (The dude just acts weird.)
Omir Santos 18/18 ("Oh my god!")
Shelley Duncan 2/3 (Differents)
Angel Chavez 4/4 (Amazing, first time I've gotten Angel this year AND seen him sign more than 1.)
Chris Britton 9/9
Colter Bean 6/9 (Weird he didnt do them all.)
Bronson Sardinha 2/2
Kevin Reese 18/18

Then I ran over to Syracuse's bus and was able to snag
John Hattig 6/13 (Signed the most randomest cards, got 3 of the sweetspots and 0 of the Upper Decks.)
Ray Olmedo 3/3
Ismael Ramirez 0/18 (Big leagued me with the cell phone.)

I then went and got a bite to eat, and I was able to sneak in the side door at around 4 and got in to see batting practice in an empty stadium. It was amazing, and I cleaned up. Below is a picture of my competition.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As you can see by the above photo, there were so many people many of the players didn't want to sign, but I still managed to get:



Russ Adams 2/9
John-Ford Griffin 7/18 ("Man I can't sign all of these.")
Jeff Duncan 3/9 (Differents)
Josh Banks 5/5 (Was the starting pitcher too.)
Sal Fasano 8/8 (One of the coolest guys in baseball.)
Blaine Neal 6/6
Ismael Ramirez 0/18, 0/18 ("I gotta stretch." 20 minutes later "I gotta shag." Ugh.)
Ryan Roberts 9/9
Mike Vento 12/13 (Gave him a card.)
Also got 2 BP balls.

Then the gates opened and they let the people not fortunate enough to have snuck in in. After getting into it with the local lesbian grapher about how I did not get in early and was not supposed to be in here, I was able to secure the corner spot and get:

Wayne Lydon 12/12

That was it...for the whole hour.

After the game by the bus I got:

Ismael Ramirez 9/18 (Finally!)
Kevin Barker 3/7
Jeff Duncan 3/3
John Hattig 5/8, 2/2 (Had help)
Brandon League 4/9 (Differnts)
Mike Venafro 20/23 (The coolest guy on the team not named Sal Fasano. Took his time, even stood there while I got a new sharpie after mine died. Obviously a scholar of Pat Neshek. I also gave him a few cards.)

Then after Syracuse's bus left I went over to the Yankees side to see what I could scrounge up.

Raul Chavez 9/9
Shelley Duncan 1/1
Alvaro Espinoza 4/13 (Has become a real pain after racking him multiple times last year.)

That's 220 autographs for those of you keeping score at home!

If you've ever wondered what 219 signed cards looked like, wonder no longer.



Next up, Jamestown @ Williamsport. Justin Jacobs, get ready.

No comments: